Who's Best, Who's Worst

All righty...(rolling up my sleeves), this should be fun.  I'll do worst
AND best, since someone complained about fairness.  In more or less
chronological order.

Best:

I Can't Explain (of course)
Daddy Rolling Stone (fantastic cover, even better than the original)
Out In The Street (feedback!!)
My Generation (natch)
The Kids Are Alright (long version)--must be the long version, with that
great solo
The Ox (take that, "Wipe Out"!!)
A Legal Matter (even if it is a Stones rip-off)
Substitute (perfect)
I'm A Boy (long version)--I prefer this to the single.  The vocals are
more raucous.
Run Run Run (hey, great guitar riff, IMHO)
A Quick One (just because)
Disguises (The Who as psychedelic as they ever got)
Happy Jack (love the drums)
Pictures of Lily (great lyric)
The entire SELL OUT album, as recomposed in 1990-something--one of their
best
Magic Bus (long version) (love Bo Diddley)
Pinball Wizard (acoustics CAN rock)
Underture (mmmm)
See Me, Feel Me (live at Leeds) (gorgeous)
LIVE AT LEEDS--the reassembled version.  Best live album EVER.
Heaven And Hell (one of John's best)
All of WHO'S NEXT, w/bonus tracks, even though some of 'em are weak
Join Together (a masterpiece)
Baby Don't You Do It (live)--they could cover stuff so well!!
The Real Me
Cut My Hair
The Punk Meets The Godfather (along w/Bell Boy, one of their greatest
statements of purpose)
I'm One
I've Had Enough
5:15
Sea And Sand
Bell Boy
Dr. Jimmy
Love, Reign O'er Me (beautiful)
Glow Girl (more feedback!  YES!!)
Time Is Passing (so glad a Who version exists)
Too Much Of Anything (quietly gorgeous)
Put The Money Down (just plain fun!)
The entire THE WHO BY NUMBERS--brilliant, brilliant.  Up there w/BLOOD
ON THE TRACKS.
New Song
Music Must Change--but with the ORIGINAL guitar solo!!
Guitar And Pen
Who Are You
Don't Let Go The Coat
Daily Records
Athena
Eminence Front
Cry If You Want--what a sendoff!!
LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT--for TOMMY, if nothing else.
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting--another wonderful cover.

Whew!  Long list.  Now for a shorter "Worst Of..."

I'm The Face (oh, yeah?)
I Don't Mind (but I do)
Anytime You Want Me (drag, drag.  Speed this puppy up some, huh?)
See My Way (Sorry, Rog.  Awful tune.)
Under My Thumb (the Stones did it much better)
Dogs Part II (arf, arf, indeed.  But it does rock.)
Cousin Kevin (sick.  I don't care what Pete's point was, it's STILL
sick.)
Sally Simpson (dull)
Welcome (duller)
Wasp Man (STING?!)
Is It In My Head (just bores me)
All of WHO'S LAST and JOIN TOGETHER, except maybe "A Friend Is A
Friend".  The Who with horns?!
Dig (on THE IRON MAN--for a Who reunion, this was pitiful)

So that's my list, and I make no apologies for liking the Who's last two
records.  Have fun!

--Carolyn