Being a Who fan

Here in the States, it's Thanksgiving night, and I've had too much wine with
my turkey, but here goes:

I'm 43 years old, female, married for 20+ years, 2 daughters, ages 9 & 5,
and I'm a Who fan.  Have been ever since the very first time I heard
Quadraphenia.  Before then, I listened to the Who, but I wasn't a fan.  Quad
put me on the fanatic side; I could see the film to go with the music in my
head; I will always treasure that afternoon for all the joy that it brought
forward into my life.  I've seen them live, once while Moon was alive, in
Woscester, MA, in Tampa in '89, Minneapolis in '98.  I even saw Daltrey
Sings Townshend in 96(?) and loved it.  I've taught my older daughter to be
a fan, too;  she's studying the drums (maybe she'll be the next Moon).  I
don't own any boots, I didn't make it to Las Vegas, HOB or the Bridge
concert, but it isn't concert attendance or age or recording ownership that
makes you a fan.  It's a pact that you make in your heart; it comes from
your willingness to become part of something larger than yourself.

For me, it has meant having Pete become a personal hero.  Idon't love him in
spite of his flaws, I love him *because* of them.  it reminds me that we are
all only human, and yet, we can strive to become more.  We can have inner
contradictions and overcome them.

On this Thanksgiving, I am grateful to  the Who and especially to Pete for
being there, for helping over the rough parts, for making the highs higher,
for enhancing my existence and continuing to make music.

Felicia