Today's WHO, etc.

Hi gang!

Item 1)  USA Today (11/16), in Section D, Lifeline column:

"WHO'S NEXT: Thirty years after The Who's rock opera Tommy was released,
Pete Townshend's follow-up will go on sale Dec. 31 in what could be the
final album release of the millenium. The Lifehouse Chronicles, much of
which became 1971's Who's Next album, was conceived as a product available
on the Internet, but now it will be distributed to retail stores by Best Buy
as a six-CD box set."

Item 2)  A "review" of the Pixelon Bash in the latest Entertainment Weekly
with a few pics (one of our boys!). It basically critiques the whole
computer downloading angle, but does mention that The Who as being a
highlight, while other performers were not that good. It also mentions the
interest of continued work with The Who on other Webcasts.

I know we've known about some of these things (thanks to this list), but man
it sure is fun seeing this stuff in major publications!

Item 3)  Well said Kevin in Vt., Schrade in Akron, and others on vanity*.
True Who fans know what counts.

Finally, Item 4)  I must also extend thanks to those who report on the
shows. I mean, damn, this is the only reason I turn the computer on anymore!

Rob in Cincy

*" Why do I have to be different to them, just to earn the respect of a
dance hall friend."