RE: WMMR in Philly

WMMR is
also by far the best radio station I have ever heard, and they are huge,
HUGE fans of The Who.  Pete is also a big fan of WMMR (Philly).  When ever
I'm traveling home to DC from up here in Green Mountain land, I tune into
WMMR asap.

***I received a skeptical personal reply to my above post. Let me add some
info.
I don't know when WMMR began their love/like (what ever) of The who.  All I
know is that WMMR played non stop WHO on the radio during the Quad show
(96).  I'm talking 1-2 hours before, and well over 2 hours after while we
partied in the parking lot. Granted they were sponsors, but.... Also, while
enroute back home to VT from DC a while back (like a year), I was lucky
enough to listen to a huge section of Quad, and then a huge section of
Tommy, and then a bunch of hits.  All this to commemorate Keith's death.  I
can't name another radio station that does that.  Also, call me crazy, but
with out fail, while I'm making my way down (or up) the NJ Turnpike, I
always find a who song on WMMR.  And, no it's not always BBE, or WGFA,
BO'R..but rather some more abstract stuff.
As far as Pete liking WMMR, that's what he said in an interview he gave
literally behind stage in Philly right before going on stage (WMMR played it
on the radio after the show).  His words were something like "WMMR and I go
way back to the early days.  You've always treated me right, and I
appreciate that."  He went on to say.."I've always got time to talk with
WMMR".  Then....as you hear the waves crashing in the back ground (beginning
of Quad show) he sais.."Oh my, I've got to be going". (classic)

Stay in Tune,
Kevin in Vt.