HOB WHO FEST

Hello Who-ligans,

I've heard the battle cry from several of you concerning the Chicago HOB
shows this weekend.  Alas, as a poor working boy, I cannot afford the luxury
of attending.  Tell you the truth, I don't know how so many of you can
afford it too.  But since I've been born and raised on Chicago's South Side,
I plan on using a couple of tricks to sneak my poor ass in for the show.
Yes, I know it's for charity, but dammit, I'm close to charity myself.  My
guess is that if our lads decide to do an extended tour of the US, Chicago
has already had its share and we won't be seeing them again (and definitely
not for 10 bucks too).

Some of you were asking if there were any good bars in Chicago and if Happy
Jack is playing anywhere.  The answer to question #1 is yes.  Bars galore.
Most close at 2:00am but there's many that stay open until 4 and 5am.  A
cool place to go would be the Double Door.  I think it's a $10 cover, but
they usually have good bands there.  The Stones and Aerosmith among others
have done impromptu shows there on several occasions.  Could the 'Ooo make
an appearance???

As for the venerable Who cover band, Happy Jack?  I've lived here my whole
life and I've NEVER - EVER seen them advertised let alone playing.  I've
heard of them via the Internet, but never heard of them playing anywhere in
Chicago.  I hope to be corrected sometime, but I couldn't tell you where to
catch them.

Here's what you travelers should do when you get here:  Go to any record
store and/or bar, and get a copy of the READER magazine.  It's an
entertainment mag, and it'll contain all the info you need on bars, bands,
and fun.  THE READER.  You'll be glad you picked one up.  That's it for me
kids.  I expect a full report on the shows from those of you who are
attending.  Keep the faith in Who.

Jim in Chicago

"I'm a desperate old fart now - not boring though!"  PT

is unauthorized.