Re: Entwistle lyrics

On Sat, 29 May 1999, Carrie Mitchell wrote:

> 	Does anyone know or know where I can get the lyrics to Entwistle's
> solo songs "I Wonder" and "No. 29 (External Youth)"?  There's a couple bits
> there I've been trying to figure out the words to lately and they're just
> eluding me :)  Any help would be much appreciated!

Carrie,

Okay, I have nothing better to do at the moment, so here goes:

Just gimme one year of your life my friend,
and I'll make you look twenty years younger.
I've done it for others, I can do it for you,
new life, new body, and new friends too.
I can make you look as you've never done before.
Here's a very famous film star who took a one year
course of my treatment.
Ten inches off the waist
New hair stuck on with paste
and he acts as well as he ever did before.
You'll be as virile as ever, unaffected by the weather,
old age will seem to pass you by,
and you won't detect a sign of old father time.
Over sixty but you'll look thirty-four.
A very prominent politician in danger of losing his position
a devastating smile looked real up to a mile.
And he lies as well as he ever did before.
This very well-known pop singer had ceased to be a swinger.
New hair, nose, teeth, and eyes.
A touch of padding around the flies
and he sings as well as he ever did before.
You'll be as virile as ever.......
(repeat chorus)

I wonder what would happen if my dog could talk.
Would he look me in the eye and say
"Take me for a walk."
When I gave him his dinner would he shake his head
and say "Take it away, I want caviar instead."
(Chorus):
Thank you mother nature
for the way you got things planned.
Don't ever change a thing.
I'm happy as I am.

Imagine living in a place where the sea was red
and your legs were in the position
now occupied by your head.
Imaging living in a place where black was white
and white was black.
Even the night.

I wonder what would happen if my fish could fly.
Would it leap from it's tank
and hit the cat in the eye?
Out through the window and into the sky.
I'm so glad that sharks can't fly.

I wonder what would happen if the moon fell down.
Would it leave a white circle
where they painted around.
I wonder what would happen it the sun went out.