Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #126

You can't blame Marsh for writing his opinion. Just because he spent lots of
his career writing about The Who doesn't mean that everything he writes
about them has to be nice. How realistic would that portrayal be? Especially
about a band that has done everything in the book (from corporate
sponsorship, spotty tours in '82 and '89, and touring without any new album
to support) to debunk their own legendary status!?

As for the motivation behind the /82 tour, I believe it was Pete himself
who, when asked what the tour meant to him, replied in essence, "about $10
million," or some other astronomical number.

Mook