Re: Brithish Rock Symphony

This one really was designed to make money.  Roger said he got paid "very
well" and you can expect the promoter planned to come out ahead as well,
likely by cutting a few corners.  Roger didn't seem too pleased with the
conditions, and said (as I recall) that it's unlikely he would have stuck
with the tour if not for the kids.  There were two sets, classical musicians
from the UK and a gospel choir of inner city kids from NY.  The tour gave
them an opportunity for professional experience and maybe some contacts to
further possible careers.  Afterward, Roger said he was considering a
foundation to fund similar tours in the future.  BTW, Roger's doing the BRS
again this summer, in Europe and the UK, and Simon Townshend is expected to
play guitar.  The schedule is up at their website.

keets