Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #123

Alan, re:

"Before I Get Old" is enjoyable reading but has errors in it
>and stumbles in its very short treatment of the post-Keith Who.

For its treatment of The Who's origins and formative years, I rate BIGO
pretty highly.  I find Marsh's dismissal of post-Keith Who to be an accurate
reflection of the feelings of a lot of us old-timers who were raised on
vintage-Who; nevertheless,  I think it does serve to undermine the book's
value as a definitive biography.

  Barnes' "Maximum R&B" is a very good insider's look at the band (and the
1982
>edition comes with a flexidisk of Pete's "Pinball Wizard" demo).

Besides that, it's a great collection of photos which every Who fan should
own.  I advise anyone looking for Who "literature" to pick up John Perry's
recent Who book "Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy" which, besides being a
uniquely British perspective on the Who, is a thoroughly enjoyable read.

Mick