Topical, Rock Is Dead, "I just wanna be popular," Creative types, & Cover me

> "WHO" for me, and I guess for many of you as well.  Who cares who sells
out
> what? (no pun intended) Who cares who broke up and who didn't.  Who cares
> what anyone else thinks? It's doesn't seem worth debating... The Who are
> it... at least for me.

Gigi:

Well, we have to have SOMETHING to talk about, right? While we're waiting?
I mean, if some can speak of beer, then this has got to be a legit topic.

> That's why I have trouble listening to new rock acts.  Not that they're
> different but so much the same.  When I listen to college radio I just
start
> thinking, "um, Byrds c. 1965, Dylan c. 1966, Velvet Underground, etc."

Brian:

I am the same way, but still have to say: better recycled than none at all,
or Rap. Or Country. Or...well, I am listening to more Jazz these days but
even so it's the so-called "Cool Jazz," like Brubeck (my favorite).
So...I'm with you on this. Nothing new around, at least at the moment. Rock
is dead, they say...and I agree.

> I believe what Mark is saying is that there are more Who fans alive now
> then their were in 1982 (if one where to count them).  The numbers may
> trail off and eventually decline (they didn't for Jesus yet!)

Joe:

OR The Doors. And are we looking at two competing Keith Moon films in the
works? You KNOW this wouldn't be possible for a blip on the screen. How
many Who-and-related lists are there on the Internet now? How many Web
pages?

> increase in popularity.  So it could be building up to something.  Mark
has
> been a victim of the Pete Townshend creativity surge and retreat cycle
too

Haven't we all?

> Besides, he's an idea guy - stream of consciousness thinking - not an
> accuracy guy, say like an accountant.

Kentavo:

Right. Us creative types can't be expected to remember the details. So in
the future, when I misquote lyrics, I expect you all to remember that
according to Keets PT and I think alike so I'm to be allowed these little
swerves in the road...

> He wouldn't be confusing TED with the JAE band, would he?  They're going
on
> in the fall (but not until October).

Keets:

No, I was specific and he knows who I mean anyway. He was at the Raleigh
show, because he was working it.
Although wouldn't it be great cover for TED to book as JAE?

                        Cheers                                    ML

Stupid lyrics for the entire family:

"I love you sweet leaf/Though you can't hear..."
                                                Ozzy Osbourne