Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #112

Lifehouse may well be a more complex and thoughtful piece than Quad, so not
so noisy and well, passionate.  For one thing, Pete's had about twenty years
to think about it.  By '78 and '79 he had already lost the sort of hot anger
that channeled into Tommy and Quad, and turned more melancholy and cynical.
If he includes that later material or composes new, then it's likely to be a
much more "mature" work, and may well leave some fans wondering what he's
talking about.  But then, that's nothing new.  Lots of people are still
scratching their heads about Tommy.

keets