worst lyrics

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Brian Cady wrote:

> Two that twinge the grammarian in me is "All at once a tall stranger I suddenly
> see" (from the Department of Redundancy Department) and "I was asked to see what
> I could really learn you" from "Relay."

One that Pete himself made fun of (in the Odds and Sods liner notes) and
that could be considered redundant and ungrammatical:

"How calming and balming the effect of the air"

Some of the lyrics on Face Dances I find either baffling or just plain
odd:

"Did you pinch my trainer football"

Why is Pete bringing up stealing a football, when the rest of the song is
about stealing money?  Or is this some sort of weird slang for money?

And,

"I want those feeble-minded axes overthrown."
"I'm not into your passport picture, I just like your nose."

"I showed up late one night with a neon light for a visa."

????????

Bill