Synthaholics, Alcoholics, Loveaholics, Oh-NOaholics, and a Jazzman

> Well, I said "one of the first bands to use it" :)

Lucas:

I suppose I just suffer from the difference in time here. So many
innovations were happening, so fast, that even a year seemed like an
eternity. It's not like today, when a band can't be bothered to put out a
new album every three years.

> list one day. That's it.Mark said something about buying Alan a
> couple of beers and i said that I'd like to be there to buy a few
> more !

Derick:

Actually, I tend to drink Gin although Long Island Iced Tea is also nice in
the summer. But the last Whofest cured me of any inclination toward Sex On
The Beach (the DRINK, that is). I'll buy Alan his beers, and you, but I'll
have my Gin as advised by Peter Townshend esq. on my favorite Rock album of
all time.

> some discussion of McCartney's solo career vs. Pete's,
> mainly dismissing the former as crap.

Carolyn:

Uh, that would be me. I do like the UNPLUGGED album, if that helps.

> public life and songwriting.  BUT, Paul can write *much* better
> love songs than Pete, and dammit

I have only three words for you: Never Ask Me. Now WHAT love song says it
better than that one?

> So what IS wrong with that, I'd like to know?  I tell my husband
> I love him every day, and vice versa

(newlyweds, sheesh!)

> as well.  Hell, Pete played on "So Glad To See You Here"
> and "Angry"; he must've thought they were pretty damn good!

(strapped for cash)

> *I* love her stuff and think she's brilliant, so there. <g>

Uh, listen...I've got this Yoko collection in my store called WALKING ON
THIN ICE (no relation to I Can't Explain), and it's great and all that, and
just waiting for a home.

I'll give you a good deal!!!

> Besides, I might add that the firestorm almost always
> comes from people who have never heard a single note
> of her solo albums and probably none of her work with
> John.

They would have had to have heard SOMETHING, though. Maybe her performance
at the RnR Circus!
Maybe the boxed set, with an entire unreleased album included (imagine Yoko
music they choose NOT to release!). I swear it's real; I saw it in the New
Orleans Tower Records one Mardi Gras, and I wasn't even that drunk.

> I heard somewhere The Who played jazz early in their career.

Keets:

"Welcome back my friends/To the topic that never ends..."

Just kidding. Pete and John played Jazz, very early on, but I don't think
we can call it The Who.