Who ad? What Who ad? ...and Paul again

>Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 18:52:46 -0600
>From: "Dan" <dantsatsan@geocities.com>
>Subject: Computer commercial
>
>Has anyone seen the new computer (I think Gateway) commercial featuring "Who
>Are You"?  I thought it was in good taste.
>
>Later,
>Dan

   Someone hold me back before i rant again!!!!!

      (Dan: you missed it, man. LONG discussion on the pros&cons about a
month ago.)

>This isn't to anyone in particular, and perhaps it veers off
>the subject of the Who, but lots of messages here have
>been doing that lately, so who cares.  I've been noticing
>some discussion of McCartney's solo career vs. Pete's,
>mainly dismissing the former as crap....Not that I'll convince any of you.

   Carolyn:
   If you read more closely, you'll find most of us had some respect for Mr.
McCartney. i myself cited several songs off of "Tug of War", "Pipes of
Peace", "Flowers" and "Egg" ( and other good albums). My exact quote to sum
up McC. was that his songwriting philosophy seemed to be "Some people want
to fill the world with silly love songs, what's wrong with that?" and
indeed, nothing. But Pete aimed higher, and therefore is "better" (my
opinion) by default. You and i seem to be in agreement. i was responding to
someone (Diane i think?) who said Paul McCartney was a much more
successful/better solo artist than Pete... i conceded perhaps more
successful (lower artistic targets) but not "better". To which someone told
me i was ignorant for thinking a songwriter could be "better" than another.
To which i responded "my opinion". So anyway, i agree with just about all
you said in your e-mail, although i was arguing Pete is a "better" songwriter.
   And incidentally, i respect Yoko for offending the shit out of the
critics that licked the Beatles' shoes. Her stuff, while not great, is
interesting in the way alot of performance art (which critics would adore
much later) is.
   Lest i be subjected to a firestorm: Yoko sucks. And so does Suzie
Creamcheeze.

       peace&anarchy, jeffree

p.s.: i've been playing some music aloof to sin, and you know, it DOES hurt.
i wonder why...