Re: Whofest madness, Conceptual madness, Synth madness (but no Madness madness)

Mark Leaman wrote:
> The first ELP album was released a year earlier than WN, and there are
> plenty of people who used synths before The Who. Just not as well
> (little joke there).

Well, I said "one of the first bands to use it" :)
I have the first ELP album and there's a mini-moog solo on Lucky Man.
But it's a SOLO, not a programmed sequence.

I really don't know who was the first person to use synthesizers, I'm
just pointing that ELP weren't using these pre-programmed sequences
(little melodic phrases that are repeated, as in Baba O' Riley or Won't
Get Fooled Again) that are used in techno/dance music. As someone on the
list said, the who has more relation with techno than we'd like to
admit... Well, the who is far from being techno (thanks god!), but I
think ELP is even further...