Whofest 99

Hi All, As interest in this possible event seems to be growing,(thanks
to those of you who wrote to me ) let me state clearly for the
record that I have never advocated that we or you or I bother any
remaining members of the Who about attending such an event. The last
thing in the world I would want to do is Piss off TED. I'd much
rather put my tail between my legs and curl up in a corner than to
offend our heroes. When this whole thing started out I merely and
humbly suggested that it would be a nice thing to actually meet
up with some of you nice people one day. That's it.! Over a beer or
two maybe. Talk a little Who,etc... What could be nicer ?  In a
resort town on the ocean  ? Sounds fun to me.(Come sleep on the
beach) In the summer when it's warm. I see no reason why if some of
us want to get together this summer for a few days or even a week
we should'nt do it. Some of you may prefer to stay in Chicago and
meet there, fine,that's ok. I'd rather try Myrtle Beach. (Each to
his own sewage?!) Regards, Derick.