Dixieland

Alan McKendree wrote:

At 3:53 -0800 3/26/1999, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:06:55 EST
>From: Oshangrl@aol.com
>
>After the Memphis show I was asked to go with them to New Orleans.  That was
>really cool because  a Dixieland jazz band was there to greet them as we got
>off the plane.

Even though it's not exactly my kind of music (or The Who's, either, I
should think),

Weren't John and Pete playing trad jazz (the British term for Dixieland) before joining Roger in the Detours?  And Pete was interested in more modern forms of jazz.  I'd guess that at least those two appreciate the form.

-Howard P.