Re: Who, ELP and Techno

In a message dated 3/25/99 11.09.49 PM Eastern Standard Time, bleicher@who.net
writes:

<< >> I just can't see a relation between ELP and techno music aside from >>
the use of synthesizers.

 Mark Leaman wrote:
 > BIN-go! There is no other relationship, however there is similarly no
 > relationship AT ALL between The Who's songs and Techno, so ELP wins
 > the toss.

 ??? Did you forget the who also used synthesizers? They were one of the
 first bands to use it, as I recall... And they did synthesizers loops... >>

Yes, Techno and The Who's synthesizers have more in common than I'd like to
admit. Here's a quote taken from the Who's Next liner notes by John Atkins:

"Pre-programmed synthesizers and sequencing are a common place in pop and
dance music nowadays, but Who's Next is where they first appeared on record."
-John Atkins, 1995

							Ty