Re: Goodbye Sister Techno (way off topic)

(The Other) Brian wrote:
> I know people who don't like Twain, or "Huck
> Finn," but I have yet to run into a person who refuses to believe that "Huck"
> is truly one of the classics of modern literature.

I have.  There was a cover article in Harper's about two years ago where someone
bashed the hell out of "Huck Finn."  It was an attempt to claim that "Uncle
Tom's Cabin" was literature and "Huck Finn" not.  Personally I didn't agree with
a word of it, but there have been people who have said it isn't a classic of
modern literature.

		-Brian in Atlanta