Re: Lifehouse, Quad sndtrk, Boy named Sue, etc.

Pete's promised it to the BBC for their Millennium Project, to be
broadcast on December 6, 1999.  I think that's fairly well verified, as
it's been announced by two or three sources.  Reportedly, Entwistle and
Daltrey were in negotiations to perform in the broadcast.  There's been
no mention of an album release.

keets

>   i'll believe that when i hold it in my hands and not before. Where
did
>you hear that, if its true that's VERY cool but i am still waiting to
see
>the release of numerous things that people on this list heard were
coming
>out. Not least of which: "Tommy at Leeds", a "QUAD" 90s Live release, a
Pete
>90s Live release from the acoustic shows and the "Iron Man" animated
>feature. i'm sure the info posted on these subjects was accurate and
came
>from SOMEwhere, but reality has a way of making liars out of us.
>

>><< Pete commented he no longer owned the rights to most of his songs,
he had
>>given them to charity a long time ago.  >>
>>
>>I believe Pete was referring to guitars, not songs.
>>
>>- -Veronka
>>

>   That's disappointing to hear, and i imagine you're right. i have
heard
>many reports of Pete guitars auctioned off for charity. i imagine the
>misunderstanding in the article misled our counterpart, i'd like to see
the
>article mentioned. Again, truth and well-intentioned speculation are to
be
>kept seperate.
>
>   Thank you to the people adding their two cents on the LIFEHOUSE
track
>list, i'm checking out the links you report and taking into
consideration
>all your comments, even if i disagree with some. Will keep listening
and
>post what i decide upon when i come to a definitve (for my personal
tastes)
>conclusion. i realize there is no definitve answer, probably not even
Pete
>knows. Oh, and i want to say that i'm pretty sure you all are correct
in
>that "Baby Don't Do It" would have been included, and a couple of John
>songs. My point was that i don't see how "905", which i love, fits into
the
>concept. At least one of the links someone suggested has a speculation
on
>that, though, which i will read and maybe post here for opinions.
>
>    i'm proud to have brought the QUAD soundtrack to at least one
lister's
>attention,
>>> Tip for today:
>>>   If you don't own the "Quadrophenia" motion picture soundtrack,
it's worth
>>>  seeking out for three Who songs that don't appear elsewhere (that i
know
>>>  of): "Joker James", "Get Out and Stay Out" and "Four Faces". All
excellent
>>i did not know of these tracks, thank you verrrry much.
>>- -andrew
>>
>   Have you been able to find a copy? i see it on vinyl alot and
>occasionally on disc. Hope you enjoy. Another recommendation i have is
the
>soundtrack to the film "McVicar". It's not nearly as essential, but it
>features Roger, Pete and i believe John and Keith also playing 4 or 5
songs
>written for the film by other people (not Pete or John). Don't have a
copy
>handy, but it's worth checking out if you're in the mood for some new
WHO