Lifehouse, Quad sndtrk, Boy named Sue, etc.

>>Anyone here know?  It goes "I'm free/to do what I
>>want/any old time... <instrumental break, heavy on the bass>I'm free <chord
>>changes on fadeout>".  It sounds like it's just kicking into the real swing
>>of it as they fade it out.  It's so well produced it sounds to me like a
>>song they've bought the rights to, but a friend reminded me that hey,
>>they're AT&T, they can commission a 30-second jingle if they want to.
>>
>>So, has anyone heard this?  Do you know what song it is?  I guarantee if I
>>find out I'll run out & buy the CD.
>
>The song (not this particuliar recording of it) is "I'm Free" by the Rolling
>$tones.  The song is on December's Children from '65.  There is also a song
>called "The Singer Not The Song" on that album.  You don't think Pete might
>have listened to this album do you? :)

   Absolutley correct. i thought i'd add that a very popular cover of this
song is by a band called the Soup Dragons and that may be the version in the
commercial. i haven't seen it, but you should be able to tell if it's Mick
Jagger singing or if it sounds like a recording from 1965 or 1993 (i
believe). The Soup Dragons are a mediocre band, and their cover is pretty
good, adds a dance beat to the song.

   "Susan" is obviously a joke, let's not waste another word on this kind of
stupidity. What's the point of a joke like that anyway? Getting people to
argue? Wanting attention? Being an ass? i can't imagine the point.

>Uh, BTW Jeff, you do know the real thing is coming in December, don't
>you?
>
>keets

   i'll believe that when i hold it in my hands and not before. Where did
you hear that, if its true that's VERY cool but i am still waiting to see
the release of numerous things that people on this list heard were coming
out. Not least of which: "Tommy at Leeds", a "QUAD" 90s Live release, a Pete
90s Live release from the acoustic shows and the "Iron Man" animated
feature. i'm sure the info posted on these subjects was accurate and came
from SOMEwhere, but reality has a way of making liars out of us.

><< Pete commented he no longer owned the rights to most of his songs, he had
>given them to charity a long time ago.  >>
>
>I believe Pete was referring to guitars, not songs.
>
>- -Veronka

   That's disappointing to hear, and i imagine you're right. i have heard
many reports of Pete guitars auctioned off for charity. i imagine the
misunderstanding in the article misled our counterpart, i'd like to see the
article mentioned. Again, truth and well-intentioned speculation are to be
kept seperate.

   Thank you to the people adding their two cents on the LIFEHOUSE track
list, i'm checking out the links you report and taking into consideration
all your comments, even if i disagree with some. Will keep listening and
post what i decide upon when i come to a definitve (for my personal tastes)
conclusion. i realize there is no definitve answer, probably not even Pete
knows. Oh, and i want to say that i'm pretty sure you all are correct in
that "Baby Don't Do It" would have been included, and a couple of John
songs. My point was that i don't see how "905", which i love, fits into the
concept. At least one of the links someone suggested has a speculation on
that, though, which i will read and maybe post here for opinions.

    i'm proud to have brought the QUAD soundtrack to at least one lister's
attention,
>> Tip for today:
>>   If you don't own the "Quadrophenia" motion picture soundtrack, it's worth
>>  seeking out for three Who songs that don't appear elsewhere (that i know
>>  of): "Joker James", "Get Out and Stay Out" and "Four Faces". All excellent
>i did not know of these tracks, thank you verrrry much.
>- -andrew

   Have you been able to find a copy? i see it on vinyl alot and
occasionally on disc. Hope you enjoy. Another recommendation i have is the
soundtrack to the film "McVicar". It's not nearly as essential, but it
features Roger, Pete and i believe John and Keith also playing 4 or 5 songs
written for the film by other people (not Pete or John). Don't have a copy
handy, but it's worth checking out if you're in the mood for some new WHO
music. "Free Me" is a highlight for me. i'd say look for a cheap vinyl copy
and have a listen to it to see how much you like it.

              Well that's all from my corner.........ta-ta for
now............. peace&anchovies, jeffree