Re: touring, etc.

At 10:10 -0800 3/12/1999, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:38:31 EST
>From: Gomper5@aol.com
>
>this one is more like a groupie , if she has to push people aside to see the
>who.

You are aware by now, I trust, that this was a hoax post.

>i would love to see john entwistle in concert but hes
>not on tour. Rog is not touring,Pete is not touring,Kenney doesnt tour ,

Patience, dude.  John will be out this summer with his band (check
http://www.eden.com/theox for updates) and buzz is very much afoot for TED
to be doing the Lifehouse 2000 thing -- live, of course.

>most new fans are too young to have seen the
>band in its original glory,

True, but not too young to see them perform in the future.  Seize your
chance...someday you'll consider yourself lucky to have been born early
enough to have seen them on stage at all.

>Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 05:40:05 PST
>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Susan
>
>Anybody (for sure) know any Who fans over, say
>55?

Pridden ;-).  And I'm pretty sure Who Fan #1, Irish Jack, is older than 55.

>Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:26:21 GMT
>From: kob1@ix.netcom.com (Kevin B. O'Brien)
>Subject: Re: Susan
>
>It bears all the signs of Fang on a trolling run.

Funny how appropriate Pete's quote is in this context.  "Be kind, be real,
or get out of my face."...Having failed miserably at the first two, there's
only one sane alternative left for the entity in question to take.  Which
is not to say that it will be taken...;-).

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)