Re: Who Are Gateway? (a response)

At 10:53 -0800 3/11/1999, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 11:11:32 -0600 (CST)
>From: Jefferson Davis <jdworks@execpc.com>
>
>    Have you EVER heard a song in an advertisement for the first time and
>thought, wow, that's cool music, i wish i knew what it was, i'd buy the
>album.

Funny you should mention.  I love the music AT&T's currently using in their
commercials, to the point that I even called up the number it shows at the
end just to ask whether the guy at the other end knew where it came from
(he was toatlly clueless as were the people he might have spoken with after
he put me on hold).  Anyone here know?  It goes "I'm free/to do what I
want/any old time... <instrumental break, heavy on the bass>I'm free <chord
changes on fadeout>".  It sounds like it's just kicking into the real swing
of it as they fade it out.  It's so well produced it sounds to me like a
song they've bought the rights to, but a friend reminded me that hey,
they're AT&T, they can commission a 30-second jingle if they want to.

So, has anyone heard this?  Do you know what song it is?  I guarantee if I
find out I'll run out & buy the CD.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)