new subject

>> Then they might actually not be rock music, only selling in that
>> marketplace.
>
>No, it's still Rock. It just incorporates the waltz beat. After all, if
youintroduce a Classical theme into a Pop song, does it then become
Classical? Course not! Ask Nigel Tuffanel (Spinal Tap) if you don't
believe me!

>> definition based on the general effect.  No fair using the broad
>> definition, though, and then excluding some things that qualify
(disco)just because you don't like 'em.

>You have to be as broad as needed, to define. RnR came from Blues and
Rock came from RNR, so of course there's some carry-over.
>Disco was manufactured in a studio and has no roots of any kind. It is
therefore not Rock. It's anti-Rock. It was the AntiChrist of Rock. Evil,
wicked, mean and nasty.

Elitist.  This is beginning to sound like a circular discussion, though,
so I'm going to hop off.

Anybody notice that The Who's fans all seem to be younger than TED? I've
watched the ages as the list people report in, and I've seen maybe one
in the fifties.  The ages seem to start at maybe forty-eight or nine and
go down.  Why is it nobody who's sixty or sixty-five likes The Who?  Or
do they and they're just not here?

keets