Re: WAY last gasp & Doo-Wop

At 5:53 -0800 3/8/1999, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 10:51:44 -0500
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>
>I don't mind the doo-wop stuff, as a point of reference, but like you I
>prefer what became the music "our" band ended up with...and therefore I
>must include artists like Eddie Cochran and James Brown

Definitely!  I think of Eddie Cochran as a barely-discovered treat.  I hope
he lives up to my advance impressions of him.  Of course, we all know our
guys' interpretation of "Summertime Blues", but I quite like Cochran's
original, and he wrote another song called "Three Steps to Heaven" which is
a beautiful pop song, at least as rendered by Pete in some of his solo
shows.  I've never heard Cochran's original recording of that.  I hope
someday to find a CD or LP of his greatest hits and see what I've been
missing.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)