Re: Who Are Gateway?

In a message dated 3/8/99 1:12:36 AM Pacific Standard Time, jdworks@execpc.com
writes:

<< Hey Who fans.
      Just had to share my latest stomach-turning television experience with
 y'all.  Gateway is using "Who Are You" in one of their commercials, just
 thought i'd warn you, you'll see it soon enough. i think a rant here about
 how coporate greedy bastards stealing legitimite artwork for the purpose of
 hawking their products  >>

Ummm...don't you think PT's getting paid handsomely for this?  If there's a
greedy bastard here, it's Pete for allowing his songs to be used in this
manner.  I, for one, have no problem with it.  It keeps the music in front of
the public, and it's a lot more pleasant to listen to than any other
commercial I can think of.

ChicoTodd (Whose wife screamed, "It's the Who!" when this ad came on during
the Laker game)