Re: A comment on the blues:

Pete Townshend definitely leans more to jazz than to blues.  The Who's
earlier cover of blues songs always have a rock sound.  After all these
years, I think Roger's just now getting close to the real thing.

>IMO the only true blues song the did is the "Good is Gone." I feel PT
wrote with the same emotion of the blues greats, but the music of The
Who is far more full.

>This no slam to blues, as I am a great fan of the music. It is the only
form of music that is divine in its simplicity.

It does have it's charm.  :)

>By the by SRV is not doing Hendrix guitar to blues, he was doing his
own thing to blues.  I hope that Jonny Lang can develop as SRV.

I don't think he sounded much like Hendrix, either, even though he might
have initially copied the sound.  I also think Johnny Lang already has a
distinctive sound.  He's an excellent guitar player and he's caught the
cool sound and style of traditional blues, while still
working with rock technique.

>In regard to The Who, no band shall is near their combine talent and
sound.

No disagreement here.

keets