Re: Script, please!, Disco sucks, Pete speaks, Blues plate special

>> Um, no offense, but I think I'll hang on for Pete's version. <g>
>
>Don't hold your breath...

Who knows?  Once he's in gear, he might go for the movie, too.  If it's
as good as the Quad film, it will have been worth the wait.

>> Silly me.  I thought disco was a form of rock music, too.
>
>Smile when you say that, son...them's fightin' words...

Actually I sort of suffered through it.

>Nope. Not Rock. It's anti-Rock, if anything. Manufactured and without
any sort of artistry or innovation. Faceless music. Wait, did I say
MUSIC? Sorry!

Very repetitive.  It's still big in Europe and Asia, I think, but no
intellectual content.  Most of it sounds like just the rhythm tracks,
which actually suits me better than moronic vocals.  There is something
to be said for good dance music--and it's definitely a rock beat.

<ducking>

>> Do you think Pete and John do good interviews?  Or is Pete right, and
they should all stay off TV?

>I wouldn't say anyone should stay off TV, except perhaps Linda Tripp,
but I think Pete does a good interview and John doesn't, really.

John shows up pretty well in the Thirty Years video--very comfortable,
nice smile.  Pete LOOKS better than Roger, but he says some ugly things.
Roger wins in the enthusiasm department again.

>> Do you consider Hendrix a rock or a blues artist?
>
>A Rock artist, but when he did Voodoo Child (slight return) and Red
House and so on, he was doing Blues! What SRV and co. do is put the
Hendrix guitar sound on their Blues.

And sometimes the rock beat, too, so it ends up a hybrid style.  Is RD
doing lately?  Do you think "Rocks in the Head" is blues or rock?

keets