Re: Some who Questions

Derick's questions in reverse order: Bhupsingh wrote:
> 3. Here's one that I'd really like to know. in 'Before I get old',
> I think it is chris Stamp who tells Pete just before his Speakeasy
> ordeal and tears up his Check.'Look pete.Allen klein has been involved
> with the Who in ways that you'll never know !'. Upon my first read
> I was just as surprised as pete was to know of Klein's invovlement
> with the who. Anyone care to explain?

Klein set his sights early on nabbing the Holy Trinity of British Rock: The
Beatles, The Stones and The Who.  He got the first two and did everything he
could to get the third.  His first venture was in inserting himself into the
negotiations between The Who and Shel Talmy in 1966.  Pete and Chris met him in
New York during negotiations that year and both of them took an immediate
dislike to Klein; Pete so much that he wrote a song about him called "Lazy Fat
People" (Klein may be fat, but I don't know where he gets the lazy).  Ultimately
all Klein got was his name attached to some of Pete's musical copyrights.  If
you check the box set you'll see some ABKCO Music signatures in the publishing
lists for Pete's songs.

> 2. Why did Roger sing 'I'm Not being beaten everyday' inserting
> the word not. On the recent Quad tours?

He used to be, but with increased age he now tries to limit the beatings to two
to three times a week.

> 1. Whatever happened to the lasers they used to use onstage ?

Sold to someone named Dr. Evil supposedly for strapping to the heads of a sort
of mutated sea bass.

		-Brian in Atlanta