Re: commercials

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 Quanopin@aol.com wrote:

> Hi all.  Here's how I feel at this moment in time.  Songs as the background
> music for a film are acceptable.  However, to take a blood and guts anthem
> and hawk cars with it?  Where's the intergrity?  I agree The Who have the
> right to cash in on their fame, but what happened to the IDEALS?

Mike, others,

I don't think the Who's ideals have changed all that much.  They were
selling their songs in the sixties.

And now yet another Who song on TV:  during an ESPN program on the career
of hockey great Bobby Orr, which aired this evening, part of "Goin'
Mobile" was playing in the background.

Bill