Mike Myers as Keith Moon? NOT!

Jon Rhein wrote:
Anyone who believes Mike Myers would make a good Keith Moon is out of their
fucking mind.  Sure, he's been mildly amusing at times--although not in the
cruddy Austin Powers films--but he doesn't have the talent or ability to
play this role.  What is called for is an unknown *British* actor and a good
script, not a cheesy hollywood version of Keith's life.

While I'm not sold on Mike Myers as Keith, you should at least know that both his parents were from Liverpool, so he certainly has the British pedigree. I was watching part of The Kids Are Alright last night, and Keith's facial expressions during a lot of the TV appearance clips are very Mike Myersesque. And given Keith's activities while living in Hollywood, he cheesed up his own life quite well, thank you.

BTW, the reason I was checking out The Kids Are Alright was to show my wife the scene from Won't Get Fooled Again where Pete slides across the stage in slow motion while Roger does the scream. I told her that whoever came up with the Maxima car ad must have seen that. While having the song chopped up in the ad is frustrating, I gotta say I love hearing The Who coming out of my TV set.

Dave