Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #145

> More good Rhino boxes - The Doo Wop Box and Cowabunga: The Surf Box.

Jim:

I've got COWABUNGA, and am waiting patiently for the others. One thing I
like about having this store is I will complete my CD collection for a
fraction of the cost. My all-time favorite Rhino boxed set is still
NUGGETS, though...probably because it's the time when I was young and
listened to the radio a lot (for you younger viewers, back them most of us
didn't have stereos and there were no walk/discmans yet).

> Or at least a double entendre. But you could say that about the album
title
> too.

Yes, I thought he was mainly talking about the subject matter of the song
with just a suggestion of naughtiness due to the actual words used. So I
think at that moment he felt close to the audience, and was admitting to us
that it isn't as hard as he suggested in the song. But since the people,
the audience, demands that it IS a hard life, a hard road, Rock musicians
must pretend it is (or that they're in pain, or have suffered). And since
we KNOW PT has enough integrity to demand (to himself) that he believe in
what he's doing..."What's hard is making it feel hard."