re-repackaging/same as the old/new/maxima etc..

Hi All, Kentavo is right, Most bands,artists,have been
repackaged in one or many forms or another, not just The
Who.This has largely been due to contractual obligations
by the Band to the record company,and of course little
quality control by the artist involved.
        However,in the case of the Who, I would go one
step further and say that sometime during the early 70's
The Who and their management for some incredible reason
either banned recordings and cameras from their shows. For
a while anyway. On top of that there is the famous incident
of Pete burning or destroying much of what had been recorded
!.  All this from what could arguably have been their
finest years on the stage. The bootlegs tell the story.
Imagine what great live albums could have come from that
period and film/video too had they not done this.
      The Mcdonalds near where I live,n downtown North Miami
already plays at least two Who songs on their backing tapes
that is piped into the store,I forget what they are now as
I have'nt been ther for a while,but I did mention this in
a previous post.
                I remember John saying to an NME reporter
many years ago,that as the band made their money,it all
(mostly) went to pay for the damages and smashed up gear etc.
They owed thousands and thousands of pounds at the time,so
by the time all the bills were finally paid off ,He, John,
was now too Old to Enjoy whatever money was now coming in !
Plus there was Shel Talmy raking it in as well, so it's
no wonder that Pete is taking the opportunity to make some
of the dough that He was not able to make during the 60's
and very early 70's. I don't blameHim really, He's entitled
to it.
Regards, Derick.