Re: Who's Last

Some of Roger's problems in '82 had to do with the tempo.  Pete was moving
to a new musical style, and the faster pace made it difficult for RD to
sustain any kind of volume, which he depends on to reach those high notes.
It's likely that the tour did strain his voice, but check out THE BEGGAR'S
OPERA.  It was done about that same time, and it sounds terrific.  By '89 he
was losing range just from being older, but as you say, he seems to have
adjusted to that now, and he's gained overtones and resonance that he never
had when he was younger.  I like the way TED sounds these days.

keets