Supper Club Review.

>And a report on the Supper Club gig?  Please?

Sorry I should have included.

Supper Club was absolutely breathtaking.  Pete came out slipped into his red
strat and fired up with WGFA.  It was amazing! Pete, his electric & a
Marshall amp; I couldn't ask for more.

The entire show just felt so personal, so intimate, like he was playing for
me.  Here is the set list but I think I will need some help because I am not
one of those who takes notes.

Electric/solo
    Won't Get Fooled Again
    Behind Blue Eyes

Piano/solo
    Cut My Hair
    Slit Skirts
    I put a spell on you

*now is where I go fuzzy with the order of songs*

    Drowned
    Let My Love Open the Door

With Vedder
    Heart to hang on to
    Till all the rivers run dry
    Let See Action
    Magic Bus
    I'm One

They also did a Vedder song in there I believe the name was "The Perfect
Man" but I am not a big PJ follower so don't quote me.

I know I am missing something but can't bring it to mind.  Pete looked
extremely comfortable on stage; even when he had a bit of a problem
remembering the words to Slit Skirts.  He truly enjoyed himself.  I believe
that if he keeps this up it should be a very exciting millennium.

 I must say that I always admired EV's lyrical abilities but I have a new
found respect for his musical ones now.  I was not aware of how well he
could play the guitar.  I viewed him strictly as a Jim Morrison type but
after last night I realized he is much more.

I like the effect that Vedder has on Pete.  The lead into Let's See Action
Pete recanted how it was one of EV's favorites & how he convinced Pete that
the audience would love to hear it when Pete infact believed otherwise.
Pete seems pleasantly surprised when all the true Who fans went wild.  If
EV; being a Who fan; can convince him to stray away from the old standards
of WGFA & BBE like this I say move him in to the Richmond house.

Also as a side note; during his radio interview with Dan Near on Q104 Pete
discussed the Lifehouse project.  He was very positive & pleased about the
work he has done.  He announced that he is putting together a CD Package
with a story booklet & art work call "The Lifehouse Chronicles" & will be
selling it thru his new web site at www.petetownshend.co.uk  The site should
be up in October.  When asked about a possible tour to follow Pete being his
regularly vague self said "I don't want say there will be concerts, but
there will be events."  Whatever the hell that means?

That's all for me.  Hope it was okay.  I don't normally do these things
because I take the shows so personally. It is such a visceral experience I
find it hard to relate my feelings about it.  One added note if anyone else
can understand.  He did move me to tears.

Cheers
Kathleen