Pete and Eddie setlist complete

Here are complete details about yesterday's events from the www.fivehorizons.com
site.  For Pete's sake I hope someone taped it!!! :)

Bruce
--------

     07/28/99 - Ed Sullivan Theater: New York, NY (Late Show
     appearance) [10m]
     set: Heart to Hang Onto
     notes: This greatly anticipated pairing of Eddie Vedder and Pete
     Townshend features Pete on electric guitar and the CBS orchestra backing.
     After three baubled starts (edited out for TV), Ed and Pete share verses in a
     lovely version of 'Heart to Hang Onto.' During the commercial break, they
     lead into a 'Magic Bus' jam, with Ed adding a few vocals toward the end.
     The home audience only hears the final note of this song (typical for
     Letterman).

     07/28/99 - Supper Club, New York City (Ed with Pete Townshend)
     attendance: approx. 700
     set: Pete solo: Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes, Drowned, Cut
     My Hair, Slit Skirts, I Put a Spell on You, Let My Love Open the Door
     With EV: Heart to Hang Onto, Let's See Action, Better Man (!!!), Till The
     River Runs Dry, Sheraton Gibson [EV solo vox], Magic Bus, I'm One [EV
     solo vox]
     notes: This was a press conference/promotion showcase (featuring media,
     VIP and radio station contest winners) to promote the release of the
     forthcoming PT live album. Ed was in the audience for Pete's first portion of
     the set, bopping his head to the music. :-) Right after 'Let My Love Open
     yhe Door' Pete introduces Ed, saying 'Ed's gonna help with this show, he's
     helped with this show in the past, he's helping on the CD too (the evening
     began with a press-only premiere of the live album)' and talks about how Ed
     is from Chicago (explaining Ed's connection to the Chicago-based charity
     that Pete's benefit shows have been for.) Ed joins Pete on stage, cheat
     sheets under his arm. Ed sings along on 'Heart To Hang Onto,' exactly like
     Ed's appearance at the 1997 HOB show. Ed's eyes are closed while Pete is
     singing, gently swaying. Pete talks about how his work on Lifehouse has
     leaked out and explains the history of the project, and comments that he's
     been sending Eddie stuff he's been working on (HEY ED! Your list gets
     ours! :-)) Next, Ed plays acoustic on 'Let's See Action' (while Pete plays
     electric), trading verses and chorus; Pete needs to look at the sheet music,
     while Ed knows it by heart. After the song ends, Pete comments, "This is
     one of yours," and they go into 'Better Man,' Pete's on electric, Ed's on a
     black acoustic Gibson (no pick) - Pete singing the counterpart on the
     choruses (!!!!) (No 'Save It For Later', though!) It appeared as though Pete
     was looking to Ed to get the chord changes; Ed picks up a towel and puts it
     over Pete's hand as though he was playfully hiding his hands from Pete's
     view. Pete prefaces "Till The River All Runs Dry" with a brief discussion
     about MS and Ronnie Lane (with whom Pete originally wrote the song - see
     a previous Song Of The Month for an explanation of Ronnie Lane). They
     alternate verses on the song; Ed needs the words a little; Pete plays the
     guitar solo. Ed sings 'Sheraton Gibson' - Pete playing guitar and singing
     backing vocals, and Ed gets a standing ovation from a crowd full of die-hard
     Who fans at the end of it! 'Magic Bus' has Pete on electric, Ed on the black
     acoustic. Ed only sings a couple of lines and is mostly backing vocals. At the
     end of the song, Ed fakes smashing his guitar. =) Before "I'm One," Pete
     commented that Ed was nervous about this one, because Pete usually closes
     with it (at his solo acoustic shows) - "But it sounds nice when Ed sings it."
     (awwwwwwwww) Ed's on vocals, Pete's on acoustic guitar. Set ends; Pete
     and Ed hug; Pete thanks Ed on the mic, Ed goes to the mic and thanks Pete
     (the only thing he said all night). Pete said, "When we originally planned this,
     the album was supposed to be out now, but it's not, it's not coming out until
     September, and that's my fault." For the encore, Pete reprises 'I'm One,'
     much like Ed's version(s) - when he sings "I'm a loser, no chance to win," he
     sings instead "I'm a loser too, no chance to win". End of an amazing
     historical evening!!!

"All the best shows have Young Man Blues" - Lewk :82