Re: Who Covers Who

> In the "pleasant surprises" category I'd include Shawn Cassidy's "So Sad
> About Us" (which undoubtedly benefitted from Todd Rundgren's involvement)
> and Yvonne Elliman's "I Can't Explain" (she had some help from Pete
> Townshend himself), which was recently sampled by Fat Boy Slim in his
"Goin'
> Out Of My Head" (should've been "Mind," Slim!).

They always play "Goin' Out of My Head" between ad breaks on Sky TV here in
the UK.  For so long I wondered whether this was supposed to be a Who cover
or just a rip off.

My favourite Who covers are:

    - So Sad About Us - The Jam
    - Substitute - Sex Pistols (or Blur for that matter)
    - Baba O' Riley - The  Hinnies

But I've always thought: The Who do better covers of other peoples' songs
than others do of theirs.

-MB