Re: Eagles, Cowboys, Thomas, Drugs, Beatles, REM, Perjury, the Pope, and the Play

>I've granted you that. If it was real life, but we probably shouldn't
add to the story ourselves but take it as presented.

Yeah, but it starts off with that statement about the war--that's the
overarching symbol in the whole thing.

>> Good album, but how many times can you let it go around in the cd
>> player?
>
>A lot of times.

<sigh>  A matter of taste.  I'd still like to hear some more laid back
stuff.

>> Uh-unh.  That's not intellectual.  It monsters right out of the
>> subconscious.
>
>Maybe. Depends on the song.

All of them.  It's why Pete's so good.  He translates right from the
subconscious into verse.  Real time, too, live, in concert.

>> You have to put Paul Simon in there somewhere.
>
>Agreed, but he had "too short a season."

How's that?  His career's as long as Pete's and I still think he writes
good stuff.  Liked his CAPEMAN songs.  Too bad he couldn't get along
with Broadway.

>Very true, but as someone who has handled it with no problems
whatsoever for about 25 years now, I object to being "punished" for
someone else's misdeeds when I'm doing what I should to be a positive
role model.

Oh yeah?  What's your drug of choice?  I've been abusing Ibuprophin for
a while now.

>> I'd suspect that when somebody's thrity years old, though, it's too
late to stop them.

>It's survival of the fittest.

Okay, I'll buy that.

>No, no...besides, he didn't lie to the Grand Jury (as anyone who has
seen the videotape could tell you), but only to the Paula Jones lawyers
and since that was ruled as irrelevant AND the legal definition of
perjury is'lying under oath about a RELEVANT matter' this means he did
not commit perjury. And there is NO case for obstruction, so...the GOP
is wasting time and money because they're big babies who cannot accept
that any Democrat can be President! And a better one than they can come
up with, too!

Plus, look what he's done for the cigar industry!

keets