No Subject

Carolyn:  Hmm, about this:

>Peter Gabriel<
>Not a band.  Damn great solo artist, tho.  Amazing how both his
>work and Genesis's improved drastically after he split.

I have to disagree here.  I love PG and have seen him several times; he
never fails to make your jaw drop to the sticky auditorium floor.  What
a performer.  Not to mention a great songwriter/musician/vocalist.  What
I disagree about is your "improved" statement.  I think Genesis' best
stuff came from PG.  Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot (with the magnificent
"Supper's Ready"), Sell England by the Pound, and the venerable, "Lamb"
are great.  Post Genesis' best IMHO, is Trick of the Tail and legend has
it, that PG gave Genesis the songwriting credits so he could obtain his
split from the group.  You can see his influence on the writing.  Post
Genesis Gabriel did get better with each release though; I agree on
that.

Carolyn also said:
>Thank you, although I'm not an official GG...too old.  Perhaps
>if you were Jim from Hollywood instead of Jim from Chicago....

How do you know if I'm not from Hollywood on a get away?  All those damn
producers and "hangers on" driving me nuts!  Also, I meant my "romantic
future" to refer to the fact that there are actually ladies out there
who like The Who.  I didn't mean to imply that I'm getting ready to
infiltrate the Glow Girls' club.  Although it sounds fun.  Wink-wink.

Next item:  Is Pete's "All the Best Cowboys" album worth getting?  Well,
does the Pope shit in the woods?

Solo:  My digs on Daltrey solo:  1.  McVicar (Who "guest appearances";
Who could ask for more?), 2.  Ride a Rock Horse (still get chills when I
hear "Come and Get Your Love" and "Proud" and "Hearts Right"), 3. Under
a Raging Moon (best sound quality of the bunch).

Finally, Keith's Bio Book:  Does anyone know if "Dear Boy" is officially
released in the US yet?  I just went to several book stores during lunch
and nobody had it.  I asked one clerk to do a search for it and it came
up empty.  Bollacks!

Peace...

Jim in Chicago

Roger:  "...this is a song called Water.  Or in Philedelphia; wata."
Pete:  "Or in The 'Ooo; brandy."