Re: A review of the KM Biography

One of the most telling bits in the bio is when Graham Chapman takes Keith to
his psychiatrist to get him help.  After the session the psychiatrist tells
Graham two things:  that Keith doesn't want to be helped and he'll be dead in
six months to two years.  Keith was dead in five months.

I really don't know what The Who could have done to help Keith because Keith
DIDN'T WANT HELP.  He would have had to have been committed to a mental hospital
against his wishes and how long would that have lasted?

Keith's activities at the time were only an extreme version of what just about
what all rockers who went on tour did.  Keith  just took to a higher level
(boozing, pilling, destruction) what everyone around him was doing.  And he so
often seemed so cheerful.  I really don't want to judge The Who about Keith.  If
I'd been there, maybe I'd have missed that he needed care.

			-Brian in Atlanta