Re: Alienated

>Perhaps this has something to do with the gender of the "pollster."
>Femalestend to have more female friends; males have male friends.  So a
>female (especially
>one who likes the Who) is likely to run into more women who appreciate The
>Who, and vice versa for a male Who fan.  In my (male) experience, I find that
>most women don't even know what The Who were about, if they've even
>heard the music.  And part of that may just be my (under 30-yr.-old)
>experience.

THat's a good point... I hadn't thought about that! Also, I've been
thinking that my exposure to people of different ages has something to do
with it, too - the males I meet tend to be more my age (20) while the women
I meet, through work and all as well as my friends, tend to have a wider
range of ages, often being quite older than me. Which makes a
difference,too.

My overall point being,t hough, that there are a lot more women out there
who like the Who than some of you guys may guess! =)

>> >Overrated bands:
>>

>That's a good point.  I keep thinking, "Just because I don't get off on
>itdoesn't mean it's not great for someone else."  Yet I still have
>opinions on
>the subject!

Oh yeah, I have opinions, (lots of them... =) ), my objection is just the
use of the terms over/underrated. I think I just get confused as to what's
being 'rated' - is it critical acclaim that is being objected to/ignored?
Or is it success and popularity?

>Just want to point out that the original post-er granted that he hadn't
>delvedinto the albums; but didn't feel a need to based on his opinion of
>the singles.
>And at 10 to 20 bucks an album, who can blame 'im?

oh yeah, i realize that. I didn't mean to sound like that's what I meant.
=) I think it just all goes back to the question stated above - what is
meant by under/overrated. I was assuming one thing and it may not hvae been
what he was talking about. sorry if I offended the original poster or
anything!! I'm certainly not out for blood or something. =)

>Although I'm certainly not the welcome party, I'm glad to have heard from you.

Why thank you!

adios!
anne