Re: Moonie's last days

cadyb@home.com writes:
<< Just to add a little to the discussion:

 In Fletcher's Moon book (get it!) he makes a very good case that when Keith
 started taking the Heminevrin (the anti-alcoholism pills), he almost
immediately
 started abusing them to get high.  John recalls Keith's last session (doing
some
 drumming overdubs for "Won't Get Fooled Again" in "The Kids Are Alright") and
 says he was almost incoherent from the drugs then.

 On another note, John says Keith's drumming on his last session playing with
The
 Who (doing the "Who Are You" video) was some of the best drumming he'd ever
seen
 him do.  He probably still had his chops even at the end, but he also
probably
 didn't have them for as long as he did when he was younger.

 			-Brian in Atlanta >>

Just to add a little bit more to the discussion:

I think Keith was going to die even if he did clean up his act. Pete has been
quoted at that time as saying that he wanted to stop all work in the band. I
think Keith would have went back to drugs and would have died eventually
anyway. He wouldn't have had anything to do with his time except do drugs. So
in my opinion there is no 'what if Keith was still alive.' I think he had too
big of a drug problem.

							Ty