Overated,Mods,etc..

Hi All, I never thought that I would actually see or hear it but at least
two people so far have said that The Grateful Dead are overaated. Man,I
always wondered what all the fuss was about. I can't quite agree with Tom
Petty though,I think he rocks pretty good,but definately takes weirdo of
century prize for song and video of "Last Dance with mary Jane"! Although
I tried listening to REM (I did,Ireally did) I gave up and decided I could
not take it anymore.I mean why torture yourself?   There's no doubt in my
mind that The Who were mods in the beggining,if they wer'nt they'd never
have gotten in to places like The Scene club. Granted Pete Meaden had some
sort grand idea for them to be this super mod group ,but it did not last
very long and don't forget that Lambert and Stamp were already in to Films
and filmmaking,and were probably one or two steps above Meaden in what their
ideas of What The Who should be and where they should go. Kit Lambert
actually encouraged The Who in their auto-destruction of the guitars and
drums etc... No one else was doing it,it brought publicity,The sound,loud,
feedback live on stage! And of course,this was "swinging London" during the
early 60's, pop art etc...  Regards, Derick.

Derick Bhupsingh
d056071c@dc.seflin.org