noisufnoc

> ..."corrected" the joke I made about Al Capone having a copy of Keith's "Pictures of Lily" drums?    Oh well, a Yankee from Chicago doesn't have a chance against people in Jefferson Davis country.

You seem to have confused some other fella for me.  I'm sure he is appropriately appalled at being mentioned in the same sentence as the salacious fool that is I.  Just figured I would "correct" you.

I have no interest in post-modernism at all.  Sure, Sartre has a nice view of Hell and Camus got the estrangement of society down pretty well, but I just never enjoyed it much.  The really intriguing thing in art over the last thirty years, to me, has been the resurrection of traditionalism.  This can be seen in most facets of our culture.  The best example is politics.  It is now impossible for any candidate to get the Republican nomination without the support of the Christian Coalition.  And more and more the Republican Party is turning into a Christian Republican Party (those DeGasburi fans out there will appreciate the pun).  Not that this is bad, but this was unthinkable thirty years ago.  This "Rise of Fundamentalism" will probably be what the end of the twentieth century is characterized as in another 100 years or so.  Sorry for the digression, but I wanted to make it clear that I have no interest in, or comments on, post-modernism.

-McGoo
"There died a myriad,
And of the best, among them,
For an old bitch gone in the teeth,