Re: Moon

<< I just watched the VH1 Legends on Keith moments ago, and I just want to
 say that I'm pissed off that he's dead.  I'd forgotten that he had
 appeared to be finally coming to grips with reality and his health in
 the final weeks of his life... what could have been should have been. >>

Oh, please give it up already!  Moonie was, at the end, a shell of his former
self.  He was not only a pathetic, bloated party boy but also a poor drummer
his last couple of years.   He had alienated just about everyone in his life
and let his bandmates down.  The notion that Keith was "coming to grips with
reality and his health" is just another myth; sweet reminicences of better
days of a deceased.  He died of a friggin' overdose you know!

His loved ones will, as you might expect, frame his last days in the most
favorable light possible.  I will remember the photo of Keith on his last
night at the McCartney's party with his glass raised high.  At the time he was
supposedly "turning the corner" he was still drinking AND taking Hemineverin.
We CAN have fond memories of Moonie while at the same time be critical of his
weaknesses and selfishness.

JJM