Re-'Don't happen that way at all'

Just a quick follow up: Jim,did  you read my second post re-Odds&Sods? My
original mistake was corrected and I should have probably agreed with you
anyway.There were and are reasons why "Naked Eye" remains so underrated.
Back then, in Britain at least,if it had been released as a single,it would
almost certainly have been banned from radio airplay at least due to the
reference to dope,and the perceived view that the record may have been
promoting drug use. That's probably one of the reasons why it was dumped
and never made it onto WHO's Next, although it should have.It could have
gone on an album,but we had to wait until 1974 and the release of Odds to
physically own it.(Except for bootlegs of course,and the fact that they
were playing it LIVE). So airplay would have been a major obstacle too.
Also there was so much stuff from those sessions that WN could have even
been a double or triple album but no,all we got was WN. I'm not complaining
here,but it would have been awesome had it been different! I remember when
"RELAY" was released as a single and was somewhat critisized in the British
music press and media in general,as The Who's attempt to play funk and that
it was the poorest who record for a long time,an almost embarrased Pete
Townshend retorted angrily" WE can put shit singles out if we want to,we're
THE WHO". I dissagree with Pete's comment about Relay being crap though,I
think it's a great record. I loved the power trip though! Regards, Derick.

Derick Bhupsingh
d056071c@dc.seflin.org