Yes, indeed!

Alan,

> Time and again I've seen it [the music of The Who] serve as an instant common
> ground and reference point of goodwill between strangers and a starting point
> for some very good friendships.

I agree completely!  My normal reserve evaporates in the presence of other
people who love The Who, and, for the most part, this unguarded attitude has
served me well.  Discovering a shared passion can forge an incredible, enduring
friendship that might not otherwise have occurred.  I consider myself most
fortunate.  Happy Who year!

--Cheryl