Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #54

Travels With The Who....Part6
I ended part five with the first concert at the Auditorium Theater in 71 and
my girlfriend and I went back with Keith and John but we were wishing that we
could spend some time with Roger. (I mentioned that back then Roger was pretty
down to earth and easy to talk to, a fellow Pisces trait..but in the 80's he
seemed more arrogant..I told John that I thought Roger got the big head from
becoming an actor. LOL)  The next day the band went down to Rush street..I
didn't go because was  I wasn't old enough to get in the bars.  When they
returned I noticed that they had bought each other a plaster cast  body part
that related to a personal characteristic...a nose, an ear..etc.  During the
second concert they were more relaxed and to my disbelief it was even more
dynamic than the first night!  I'm not sure which one of the three nights it
was..but one of the nights Pete smashed his guitar.
After concert2, sometime after midnight or so...the phone rang...it was Keith
asking John if we had seen my girlfriend, Linda.  I think Pete and Keith had
gone out for a while after the concert and Linda, being the assertive one of
us,  had made her way to Roger's room while she had the opportunity to do so.
She ended up calling the room later that night and told me where she had been
and not to say anything (cause she was back with Keith) and that if I wanted
to spend some time with Roger he said that I could come down for a visit.  Not
sure how I managed to sneak out of John's room but I did and all I can
remember now is that I knocked on the door and he said to come on in.  I was
soooo nervous...I walked in and sat on the couch...the next thing I know Roger
walked thru the door.  He had just taken a shower and had just a towel around
his waste and that big cross  was dangling on his muscular chest.  I thought
the feeling I had when I saw them so close performing the first night couldn't
be beat...well you can only imagine how I felt!!!!
To Be Continued.....
Denise