who are you/3years/wbn

Hello All, Mark,Alan and others. I  understand somewhat how you
felt back then. After those three years of waiting you were not
'exactly impressed'. However don't forget other things were also
occupying Pete's time and the others too. First of all there were
the films. First Tommy, then The Kid's are alright and finally
Quadrophenia. Also the soundtracks to each film. And somewhere
in there,Daltrey made Listomania whilst Keith had parts in That'll
Be the Day and Stardust. During that time Moon also moved to the
USA. And I think both Roger and John had solo albums as well.
Then they had to promote the films...Pete had said in The NME
about The Who By numbers taht He was actually going to put that
out  as a solo album but at a
group meeting, He was asked what
material did he have for a new Who album and did'nt have any so
he gave em' what beacame The Who by Numbers. No wonder that He
probably did'nt have the time to write another materpiece !

was not able to come up with something more Let's say Powerful
than Who are you. The man had very little time.  And of course
they squeezed in several tours and concerts all in that period,
not forgetting the troubles with their former managers, an issue
which deeply affected Pete and Keith. They were all too busy in
one way or another!
Lastly, like it or him or not, Kenney Jones is a Who fact of life
Yes, Yes, we all know that He's no Moon. Nobody is. But I think
all of his critics should look at the "Farewell Toronto " video
from 1982's farewll tour. His performance and indeed The group's
was awesome,just check out "THE QUIET ONE". If that does not
Rock your socks off then nothing can!
regards, Derick.

"

which affected Pete and Keith deeply. So I'm not surprised that
Pete may not have had the time to write another masterpiece !