Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #47

Mark L. Leaman wrote in response to a previous post inquiring whether he had
listened to the lyrics of Who Are You.  Mark's response was words to the
effect that "Yes, since the day it was released."

Mark, I suggest that you go back and listen again to New Song.  The line which
you describe as the best from the song is actually (to my ears at least) "Turn
on the radio/Lovers proclaim/Again and again and again/Join in and sing
now/Don't be ashamed/Let it rain let it rain let it rain.

Check to see if this is right, and then go back and re-evaluate your views on
the song.  Hope this helps.  I agree with you that Quad is PTs "crowning
achievement," but Who Are You flat out rocks.  Kevin Brackett